Last Updated and Effective Date: November 30, 2020
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, THE REASON FOR THE COLLECTION, AND HOW WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you use our Services, and describe below the reasons why and how we collect such personal information.
- Technical Data. When you visit our websites, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, track your Internet domain address, collect electronic markers and identifiers, and collect other information regarding traffic on our websites and mobile applications. We may also receive usage data from your mobile phone or other device you use to access our websites or our mobile applications, including location data, which we may also combine with other information. We collect such technical data for marketing purposes and to analyze our users’ preferences, trends, site usage statistics and to recognize you.
- Contact and Other Information. You may voluntarily provide us certain contact and other personal information when you communicate with you about your order, subscription, or registration; inform you of our new products, services, and offers, including via a catalog mailing; and provide you with other information from and about Beek, including personalized marketing communications.
- Combining Personal Information. To serve you better, we may combine personal information you give us online or through our mobile applications, in our stores or through our catalogs. We may also combine that personal information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our partners and others, including providers of third party cookies and other third party browsing and use data and providers of promotional services, such as catalog production and distribution. We use that combined personal information to enhance and personalize our users’ shopping experience, to recognize our customers so that we can communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
From time to time, we may share your personal information with others, as described below.
Business Partners. We might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. In such cases, we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding non-Beek products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Affiliated Entities. We may share contact information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Beek.
- Service Providers. We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, and promotional services, such as catalog production and distribution. We provide our service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our service providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- Legal. We may share your personal information if necessary to: (1) comply with the law; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate the law; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
- Sale of Our Business. We may transfer to a third party personal information as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
- Non-Identifiable Data. We may share with others data that has been anonymized, de-identified, and/or aggregated. Such data is not considered personal information because it no longer identifies you nor is it reasonably capable of identifying you.
- With Your Consent. Other than as described above, we may share your personal information with others with your consent.
ADVERTISING AND ONLINE TRACKING
We allow third-party companies to serve advertisements and/or collect certain information when you visit our websites. These companies may use information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) collected during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies may also tie identifiers associated with a particular browser or device to identifiers associated with other browsers or devices used by the same user or household (e.g., a device identifier associated with a user’s computer may be tied to the device identifiers of that user’s tablet and phone) in order to measure and target advertisements tailored to user interests across their devices and to send personalized marketing communications.
Opting Out Of Marketing And Transfers; Editing and Deleting Information About You
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our business partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Should you opt out of Beek marketing, rental and exchange of information, please note that requests to remove or edit your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6–8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
Our websites are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us information without their consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include an indication that your request is related to a Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act inquiry. We will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
We use Google Analytics on our websites to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the websites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our websites use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our websites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
Links to Third Party WebSites